The Envirotech SIG will hold a special morning session on Sunday, October 27, at the Palazzo Delle Stelline (Strehler Room) as part of the annual meeting of the Society for the History of Technology.
What: Envirotech Workshop @ SHOT
Where: Palazzo Delle Stelline, Milan, Italy – Room: Strehler
When: 9:30-12:00, October 27, 2019
9:30-11:15: Lightning Round (short 8-minute presentations followed by 7-minute Q&A)
- Mara Dicenta (Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy NY): “More-than-human Postindustrial Landscapes”
- Johan Gärdebo (KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm): “Environing Technology”
- Dolly Jørgensen (University of Stavanger)
- Finn Arne Jørgensen (University of Stavanger): “Wayfinding, Environment and Technology”
- David Pretel (El Colegio de Mexico, Mexico City / Max Planck Institute): “The Nature of War: Technologies, Environments and Maya Resistance (c. 1847-1901)”
- Jenny Leigh Smith (Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong): “Sandbags: An Object in Envirotech”
- Eric Hardy (Loyola University): “Dutch Dialogues”
11:15-12:00: State of the Union: Discussion of the future of Envirotech as the Envirotech SIG approaches its 20th anniversary
Workshop conveners: Etienne Benson (University of Pennsylvania) & Aleksandra Kobiljski (French National Research Center – CNRS)
Envirotech co-chairs: John Baeten (Indiana University) & Etienne Benson (University of Pennsylvania)
IMPORTANT: The Sunday Envirotech SIG workshop will be in addition to the traditional Saturday Envirotech breakfast.
For questions contact Aleksandra Kobiljski at firstname.lastname@example.org
One thought on “Envirotech Sunday Workshop at the SHOT meeting in Milan, Oct. 27, 9:30-12:00”
Comments are closed.